Plex 2023 IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now! Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
- Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more.
- Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy.
- Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps.
- Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device.
Plex IOS Features:
- Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want.
- Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access.
- Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server.
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
- Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted.
- Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time.
- See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes.
- Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library.
- View top movies by genre, director, and actor.
- Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries.
- Context menu (shown when you long press on an item) has been redesigned.
- Added Mark as Watched / Unwatched to the context menu.
- Audio and video players have been redesigned.
- Subtitle in the Grid View now shows information relevant to the sort criteria.
- The drawer bar (the (=) button) in each of the item detail screens) has been replaced with the new context menu under the (···) button.
- Moved secondary actions (like chapter selector) to the new context menu under the (···) button in preplay screens (instead of long pressing the play button).
- Added Mark as Watched button to season preplay screen, and moved Shuffle to the new context menu under the (···) button.
- Show Shuffle and Playlist actions in the context menu for photos and photo albums.
- Background syncing wasn’t working on iOS 10.
- Local playback wasn’t working on iOS when connected to a network with DNS rebinding protection enabled.
- Fixed some tiny memory leaks.
- Improved alert messages when trying to sync items that don’t allow that feature.
- Fixed a crash when swiping between albums.
- Playing a popular track would queue that track’s album instead of all the artist’s popular tracks.
- Managed users should only have access to servers shared with them via Plex Home.
- Photos from Cloud Sync wouldn’t load.
- Couldn’t stream synced files to other players like Roku.
- Streaming synced videos to Chromecast would always start from the beginning.
- Non-US content ratings now display correctly on TV show pre-play screens.
- Friends list is no longer empty when attempting to recommend a video.
- The section index list (in the Library Browse view) is now easier to activate.
- Managed users can now use Camera Upload if allowed by the server.
- Shared users in a Plex Home are no longer presented with the option to create new photo libraries for Camera Upload.
- Chapter Selection thumbs had wrong size in iPhone.
- Improved startup time.
- Do not show the Navigational remote controller right after connecting to a player that supports it (like Plex Media Player).
- Improved performance in the season screen.
- Video playback would resume when the device is locked.
- Improved application launch time.
Support Version History:
It application Support iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
- iPhone OS 1, iPhone OS 2, iPhone OS 3.
- iOS 4, iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14, iOS 15, iOS 16 And Latest release operating system.
- iPadOS 13, 14, 15, 16 And Latest release operating system.
- iPad iOS 4.2.1, iOS 5.1, iOS 6.0, iOS 7.0.3, iOS 8.1, iOS 9.3.5, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14, iOS 15 (All Series Like Mini/Pro) And Latest release operating system.
- iPod Mac OS 9, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (All Generation) And Latest release operating system.